Job Description for Purchaser
NPC Global is a distribution company in Carteret NJ looking to add a Purchaser to our expanding team!
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors
- Utilize negotiating skills with vendors to foster the best pricing
- Research new alternatives and constantly search for better products
- Product knowledge of items being purchased
- Purchase highest quality merchandise at lowest prices and in correct volume
- Rise above the competition- maintaining knowledge of market conditions regarding prices & resources as they relate to trends & key items
- Manage product growth with sales team
- Writing purchase orders
- Keeping adequate inventory levels- not overstocking & not running into “backorder” situations.
- Monitor shipments to ensure timely arrival of goods
- Follow up on system reports for ordering
- Backup sales/customer service on product
- 3+ years of experience as a Buyer
- Ability to multitask to meet instant “urgent” demands and short term needs whether from management or market demands.
- Decision making abilities.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good intuitive judgement.
- Math aptitude.
- Ability to be creative (forward thinking on products, supply management, and sources).
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify key data and trends
- Sales driven
- Ability to work under pressure with a sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of Mass90 (Sage) helpful, but not required
- Follow through 100% on demands from management.
- Full Time Position
- Competitive Salary
- Fully Paid Medical Insurance
- 50% Coverage Dental Plan
- Generous PTO Package
- Paid Holidays